University of Texas, Austin launched its new Dell Medical School which makes it the first tier-one University within the United States to establish a new medical facility in decades. The building will include research, educational and administrative facilities. CiF Direct provided the Ascent flexible and adaptable lab tables for single and double sided applications. Horizontal utility manifolds hold electrical, data, and mechanical services. The utilities were fed from the above overhead service carrier, leaving no exposed wiring around the work surfaces. CiF stainless steel S-Line casework, shelving and work surfaces were chosen because the material is naturally resistant to heat, water, stains and chemicals. This made stainless steel a great option for the medical school as it’s durable and easy to maintain.
Location: Austin, TX
- Project Size: 493,000 sq. ft.
- Total Construction Budget: $295 million
- CiF Contract: $4.5 million
- CiF Premium E-Line Wood Casework Quarter Cut Reconstituted Fir
- CiF Stainless Steel Casework, Tops and Shelving
- CiF Ascent Flexible Lab Tables
- CiF Overhead Ceiling Service Tiles
- Labconco Fume Hoods
- Beta Star Large, Medium and Small Sterilizers
Project Delivery Team:
- Architect: Page
- Laboratory Planner: ZGF / Jacobs
- Construction Manager: Hensel Phelps Construction Co.
- Dealer: CiF Direct