Simon Fraser University’s new five-story 173,000 sq. ft. Sustainable Energy and Engineering Building is the first major step in expanding beyond its Central City campus. This ultra-modern facility will house the Sustainable Energy and Engineering Program (SE3P), the first dedicated undergraduate program of its kind in Western Canada, certified by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board. The project was managed by a Tier One Lab Environments’ dealer Alliance Scientific and utilizes CiF’s premium wood casework with Bedcolab’s full product lineup. Alliance Scientific combined the very best in terms of durability and flexibility of both manufacturers to ensure that the users have a highly adaptable space for inevitable layout changes frequently occurring as soon as they inhabit the space.
Location: Surrey, BC
- Project Size: 173,000 sq. ft.
- CiF's E-Line Wood Casework
- Bedcolab's Harmony Metal Casework with CiF's Wood Fronts
- Bedcolab's Forte Metal Casework
- Bedcolab's Vanguard High Performance Fume Hoods
- Bedcolab's Flexible and Adaptable Table Systems
Project Delivery Team:
- Architect: Revery Architecture
- Lab Planner: Research Facilities Design (RFD)
- Construction Manager: Bird Construction Ltd.