CiF Lab Solutions supports a project by working with the customers and collaborating to deliver an efficient, cost effective solution to their space, that takes into account present needs, future requirements and sustainable design.
Working with owners, architects, construction managers, general contractors, facilities departments and engineering firms…CiF Lab Solutions is adept at joining the team at any point in a projects delivery.
Through the efforts of CiF’s field Sales & Design Consultants; we support the owner and the project architect with up-to-date information on product innovation and product specification that can support the projects work space flow, environmental needs and budgetary goals. We assist with:
- Updating a firms manufacturer’s catalog library
- Specification assistance / review
- Detail and cross-sections for architectural drawings
- Budget Pricing provided by our Estimating department
- Development of Sustainable design
- AIA continuing education luncheons & product training
Design Development or Design Build
Our professional team can assist in the development of a project’s budget, timeline and workspace layout…to ensure a successful delivery and the most efficient environment for experimenting, discovering, treating and teaching. From concept to project delivery, we assist with:
- Defining Product requirements & Product selection
- Floor plan layouts and Sketch Up drawings of the proposed space
- Consideration of sustainable design goals
- Turn-Key considerations for Equipment, accessories and shared usage
- Operator comfort…by addressing ergonomics & ADA provisions
- We work with or for owners, construction managers or architects
Either directly through CiF or through one of our dealer customers, Construction Managers and General Contractor rely on us for on time, complete and accurate project delivery…”doing what we say we are going to do”. Our services include pre-delivery project support and on-going services through project turnover. We assist with:
- Project Budgeting…general linear foot guidelines through complete project take-offs.
- Project tracking with a demonstrated knowledge of product specifications, LEED requirements and specific design criteria…a responsible and complete response.
- Product bundling of Divisions 6, 11 & 12
- A scope letter detailing our work, our product offerings and our exclusions
- Project Management professionals that benchmark and communicate on project timetables from Submittals thru punch list and close out documents
- Problem resolution…proactive solutions for project challenges
Engineering & Trade Coordination
CiF Lab Solutions or our dealers’ Project Managers and drafting engineers provide support in submittals, site meetings and technical data / engineering cuts to ensure coordination between our packages and the other trades on the project. We assist with:
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) coordination
- Technical support
- Pre-plumbed, prewired products that reduce total project costs and ease installation
- Energy efficient solutions
- On-site testing
- Post Installation owner training
Engineering, Production, Project Management and installation defines who CiF Lab Solutions is.
CiF Lab Solutions and/or our dealer organizations use certified installation specialists or partners, who use best practice methods for the critical installation of the technical furniture. By maintaining total control, CiF can deliver on our promise of “doing what we say we are going to do”. We assist with:
- CiF or dealer partner Union carpenter installations
- Dealer partners who are AWI-QCP certified installation companies
- Our factory owned installation crews are in full compliance with all drug & substance testing
- Our factory owned installation foreman are OSHA Certified 10 and 30 hr
Sustainable Design and Environmental Contributions
Whether it is a LEED certified project or simply an owner that is environmentally conscious and employs “green friendly” construction practices…CiF Lab Solutions and it’s partners are positioned to respond with quality solutions. We assist with:
- EQ 4.4 Low Emitting Materials: No Added Urea Formaldehyde (NAUF) substrates, adhesives and finishes
- MR 7 Certified Wood: Casework & Millwork that is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC )
- MR 4.1 or 4.2 Recycled Content: Product solutions that contribute to the Recycled Content of a project (substrates, laminates and metals)
- Energy conservation…through the use of High Performance Low Flow fume hoods, independently third party tested to ASHRAE & NIH protocol. Reduce energy consumption by up to 50%
- “Quality built in”…products built to AWI, Scientific Equipment & Furniture Association (SEFA) and UL listed standards
Custom Solutions... "Always True to Your Vision"
Although customer’s with like functions have similarities in how they need their environments to be configured for the highest level of efficiency…it is true that no two people are a like. It is our commitment to you to strive towards bringing your concepts to life. We will do this by:
- Creating solutions engineered to maximize function and value.
- Provide services that stand out in the way of supporting the project team
- Delivering fit and finish…aesthetics that pop!
- Conducting performance testing and delivering products/materials that carry certifications.
Listening, understanding and acting upon your direction